Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My Friend


For 30 plus years I have enjoyed crochet. I made this outfit for one of my Grandkids.
To me, crochet is one of the most peaceful things anyone can do with their time.
The worse part is I haven't crocheted in a year come august14th.
You see my best friend died last year and she had taken up crochet after she retired to pass time.
We made hats one year together and donated them to a cancer center in a local town.

When she passed away last year it just hasn't felt right to even pick up my hooks.
She and I have been friends since we were in the first grade and this last year just hasn't been right without her in our lives.
We watched each other's kids grow up and comforted each other in time of need but most of all we laughed together and each always gave their opinion rather the other wanted to hear it or not.
We actually were more like sisters than friends. 
Don't get me wrong lord knows we had our share of ups and downs but we both knew the other was always there. 
It is hard when you are the one who survives and you have to go on.
 Some days I do question why her, why did she have to leave at 50, But then I remember it's not our choice. 
We are only here for a limited amount of time and we all need to make the most of it. I have days where I just want to cry because I miss her so much we have known each other for over 45 years so yeah its hard.
Always let the ones you love know how much they mean to you because no one is promised tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment